UPDATE: Our winner is Michelle Reynoso! Thank you to everyone who participated. Keep watching to learn how to write your book, sell it, and market it successfully. We look forward to chatting with you in the YouTube comments.
After months of tutorials and interviews, vlogs and voice-overs, we’ve reached a milestone on The Book Doctors’ YouTube channel:
We shared our 100th video!
To celebrate, we’re running a giveaway, and one lucky winner will get a free 30-minute consultation with us (a $150 value). Here’s how to enter:
- Head over to YouTube to watch our interview with mega-bestseller Mark Kurlansky.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Comment on the video.
You can get a full rundown of the official rules here.
You have until December 1, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST to enter. We’ll randomly select one winner, and we’ll announce that winner on our YouTube channel on December 2, 2019.
What could we cover during a 30-minute consultation?
Between us, we have almost half a century’s worth of experience turning talented writers into published authors. Whether your book suffers from Titleitis, has no spine or needs a chapterectomy, we will help you fix it so that you can write it, sell it, and market it. Not to mention have fun while doing it.
Here are a few of the topics we could discuss during your call:
- Choosing the right idea
- Coming up with a great title
- Formulating and perfecting your pitch
- Deciding if you need an agent or if you should go directly to a publisher or explore self-publishing
- Constructing a query letter that will actually get read
- Finding an agent/publisher that’s right for you
- Figuring out the best way to self-publish
- Making and selling an ebook
- Understanding and assessing contract issues and questions
- Creating a social media plan
- Creating an online marketing strategy
- Creating a publicity and marketing plan
- Becoming TV and radio friendly via media training
- Formulating your event-planning strategy
- Setting up a schedule